MIT Emergency Ventilator (E-Vent) Project

Stay up to date with everything that is happening in the wonderful world of AM via our LinkedIn community.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Davide Sher
    Keymaster

https://e-vent.mit.edu/

Background & Need

We are one of several teams who recognized the challenges faced by Italian physicians, and are working to find a solution to the anticipated global lack of ventilators. In the US alone, the COVID-19 pandemic may cause ventilator shortages on the order of 300,000-700,000 units (CDC Pandemic Response Plans). These could present on a national scale within weeks, and are already being felt in certain areas. An increase in conventional ventilator production is very likely to fall short and with significant associated cost (paywall warning).

mhuamancaceres
    Participant

I’m a recently furloughed assembler/test technician for mechanical devices. I desperately need the CAD files and/or prints. Looking through the E-vent website but can’t find anything, please help.

Duy Nguyen
    Participant

We waiting team releasing this material with the intent to provide those with the ability to make or manufacture ventilators, the tools needed to do so in a manner that seeks to ensure patient safety.

Minimum safe ventilator functionality based on clinical guidance

Reference hardware design for meeting minimum clinical requirements

Reference control strategies and electronics designs and supporting insights

Results from testing in animal models

Please help

Ahmed
    Participant

A sense of social and humanitarian responsibility. I would like to manufacture a simple assembly ventilation device and ask yourselves for the design to be distributed to the medical center here in Iraq and to my city in particular.  Thanks for your humanity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Research 2021
Ceramic AM Market Opportunities and Trends

This market study from 3dpbm Research provides an in-depth analysis and forecast of the ceramic additive ma...

Back to top button

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • PHPSESSID
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Decline all Services
Accept all Services

STAY AHEAD

OF THE CURVE

Join industry leaders and receive the latest insights on what really matters in AM!

This information will never be shared with 3rd parties

I’ve read and accept the privacy policy.*

WELCOME ON BOARD!