Copper 3D antimicrobial 3D printable mask 3D model

Stay up to date with everything that is happening in the wonderful world of AM via our LinkedIn community.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Chris Mattmann
    Participant

Tim these are great points. Please feel free to reach out to me at chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov to discuss collaboration.

Artyom
    Participant

Hi, i’m from Ukrain. Thanks for your help.

Vincent Leman
    Participant

Tim, I took a stab at it.  Let me know if I can be helpful at all.

vincent.leman@gmail.com

Vincent Leman
    Participant
    Cedrik
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I have a printer at home (CR-X {300x300x400mm}).  I had read all the info about the mask, downloaded the zip file, and now that I read the comments over here, I was discouraged to print a “test”.  The material that Copper3D is suggesting to use is their PLActive product, which is out of stock and is very expensive (at least for me),  I am interested in printing those masks to donate them, So, if there is any improvement in the design to make it work, and a cheaper appropriate PLA filament to do it, or availability of the one suggested by Copper. I would appreciate the information or any update.  Thank you

Gary Vedukovic
    Participant

Hi all togehter,

I printed it, but have issues with this design:

1 I really tried hard (heated PLA on my cloth covered face)  to get the best fit. But I didn’t any fit so tight, that it seals the gaps between mask and skin. -> no protecion, air gets in on the side not through the filter.

2 The filter part is from my opinion not well designed. No standard filters fit. You need to cut it, and whe done so, you don’t have any possibility to get a well sealed press fit.

So for me it was a waste of time… but hope it helps.

BR

Gary Vedukovic

Andrew
    Participant

First off I am am a beginner st 3d printing and use it only for my 5th grade class I teach (not high tech stuff). That said I am trying to help out my local hospital any way I can. I found a plactive supplier in the Netherlands of all places and the filiment is on it’s way. While i am waiting i did a few test prints and found the screw on cap to be too tight to fit. Already scaled it down to 98% but still too tight. Any advice? I’m using a dremel 3d45.

Thanks

mohamed
    Participant

Dear All,

this Mohamed from Kuwait and i would like to get more details about COVID-19 emergency respirator housing.

Thanks

Mohamed

msmi1974@yahoo.com

whatsapp same number.

Linda
    Participant

I just found the filament on Amazon, sold by 3d PrintLife -Copper3D PLACTIVE AN1 1.75mm Green Antibacterial PLA Filament
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q1MWZWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Del Wilson
    Participant

I downloaded the zip file, extracted it and loaded the parts into Fusion 360 and then started to slice the tapa.stl part using Prusa Slicer.  It was too big for the print bed of my Prusa i3 MK3 printer!  Obviously there is a serious scaling error here but I have no idea how it happened.

Yes I can scale it down in Fusion 360 and Prusa Slicer but I don’t know what the scaling factor should be.

I will run this by Prusa and report but if anyone else has experienced this problem and/or knows how to remedy it I’d really appreciate hearing from you.

Douglas mcmillian
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Pixelarcade-repairs is ready to help in Ohio</p>

Sachin
    Participant

Dear  David

We are from a University in India working in collaboration with a hospital. We need STL file for the ventilator valve urgently. Kindly provide if any request need to be given from the hospital, we can provide it. Kindly provide a reply.

Davide Sher
    Keymaster

Dear Sachin, all the files we have collected (including a ventilator valve model) are listed and downloadable from this section of the forum: Useful STL files

Konrad
    Participant

Hello.

I hope You’ll find it helpfull.

Here’s a really simple 3D design for the respiratory mask valve for the 60mm cotton pads and other media.

It all snaps in place, bottom part secures it to the fabric.

Brandon
    Participant

Tim Murphree

How can I help you change the design, I’m an Aeronautical Engineering Technician who has been into 3D printing for a few months as a hobby. I have an entire suite of CAD programs available to me, most notably Autodesk Inventor 2020 which I can use to make the changes you’re suggesting. Shoot me a message and lets see what we can get done to help reduce the amount of melt cloth waste.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Research 2021
Ceramic AM Market Opportunities and Trends

This market study from 3dpbm Research provides an in-depth analysis and forecast of the ceramic additive ma...

Back to top button

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • PHPSESSID
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Decline all Services
Accept all Services

STAY AHEAD

OF THE CURVE

Join industry leaders and receive the latest insights on what really matters in AM!

This information will never be shared with 3rd parties

I’ve read and accept the privacy policy.*

WELCOME ON BOARD!