As a trusted resource for the additive manufacturing industry, the 3dpbm team feels a responsibility to facilitate the free exchange of information, parts, services and in general give a helping hand during this time of crisis.
Hospitals and healthcare systems around the world are going to experience an immense strain, and they will need machines, devices and parts to help save lives. 3D printing can provide these critical parts when supply chains are disrupted or broken.
The attention that 3dpbm’s recent coverage of the Coronavirus pandemic has received showed that hundreds of thousands of additive manufacturing professionals and enthusiasts around the world are ready to make their experience and production capabilities available to those who need them most.
3dpbm will help by collecting information and sharing this with the industry. Healthcare professionals, AM companies, professionals and makers please register for the forum to share resources. If you have a specific and urgent request, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to try and help.
Emergency AM Forum
We have created this forum as a way to help hospitals, AM companies and makers share ideas and unite to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Register to create a new topic. Healthcare professionals can use the search by radius function on the right to find local makers, companies and services that can help.
During a global health crisis, moving quickly can save lives. But there are very good reasons why medical equipment is certified and manufacturers adhere to strict regulations. In most cases, industrially produced, medical-grade equipment will be preferred.
However, in an emergency, where we’re already starting to see disrupted supply chains, sometimes having something will be better than having nothing. Healthcare professionals will know if and when to make that call in order to save lives.
Unfortunately, we cannot verify or advise on the information posted on the forum so please take extra care and consult a qualified expert before acting on any of the information found here.
- This category has 233 topics, 226 replies, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by .
- Last Post
- Urgent help neededIf you're a healthcare professional in urgent need of help from the 3D printing community please provide as much information as you can: what help you need, where you are in the world etc.
- 1 year, 3 months ago
- Government / NGO / healthcare institution calls for helpFor organizations looking for entities that can deliver critical parts in an emergency. Where possible, please indicate requirements and location.
- 2 years, 1 month ago
- Professionals / Makers ready to helpFor AM professionals and makers who can offer their services, experience and printing capabilities in kind to healthcare professionals in need.
- 1 year ago
- Donations and projects seeking fundingPlease add any crowdfunding and corporate donations in this forum.
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- Open source projectsInteresting open source projects being developed around the world, where 3D printing can help.
- 2 years, 2 months ago
- Useful STL filesPlease share any open source STL (or another 3D printable format) files that may be useful to produce/reproduce parts that can help during a medical emergency.
- 1 year ago
- Regulatory information, patent and copyright issues, protocols, materialsIP theft is a big concern for companies, but during a global health emergency saving lives should come first. If you are an expert on copyright and IP issues, please provide general advice on the correct approach to 3D printing replacement parts.
- 1 year, 4 months ago
- Urgent help needed